Hi guys! I hope I find you all in good spirits. As some of you may know, Wednesday is my day off work. That means I’ve had a jam packed day of baking, dress making and preparing blog posts for you- there’s some yummy and cute ideas coming up in the near future! Keep your eyes peeled!
Today’s blog post is my homemade lemon curd recipe. With everything that is going on in the world at the moment, it’s fair to say we’ve all got our own fair share of lemons. So why not take some time to make something tasty and put your lemons to good use? As that well known saying goes, when life gives you lemons, make lemon curd. Or something like that…
I’ve had a love for lemon curd ever since I was little. I remember visiting my grandmother’s house after nursery in the summer months and eating lemon curd crackers for my lunch. Sounds a bit gross now I think about it, but trust me, it was far from it. To me, the taste of lemon just screams summertime- so what better recipe for me to share with this nice weather we’ve had up north today?
If you fancy making your own, find my super simple recipe below!
- 2 eggs
- 50g unsalted butter or margarine
- The zest and juice of one lemon
- 75g caster sugar
- Crack your eggs into a glass bowl. Add your sugar and lemon juice and zest. (A top tip for getting all the juice out of your lemon is using a fork, I don’t actually own a juicer and always use a fork to juice citrus fruits!).
- Cube your butter or margarine and add it into the bowl.
- Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. When the water is just starting to boil, turn the heat down to a simmer and place your bowl on top of the pan.
- Leave the mixture over the heat, stirring occasionally using a wooden spoon. You want to do this until all of your butter has melted and the mixture coats the back of your spoon.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and leave the lemon curd to cool. This will take around half an hour.
See, how easy was that?! Super simple and super tasty. I find lemon curd makes a great filling for cakes, and can also be popped in a jar and given as a present!
What have you been up to today? Is there any other recipes you guys would like to see?
Enjoy the rest of your day!