If you’re anything like me, a Domino’s pizza order isn’t complete without four of those warm, gooey, melt in your mouth chocolate cookies to accompany it. I mean, I really love them. The last time Jason and I went all out with our Dominos order, we ended up ordering two boxes of them! Though even I have to admit that was a few too many…
But I do adore those little chocolatey delights. So, I thought it was about time to try my hand at making my own! And here you have it, my Domino’s style cookie recipe.
I’d definitely recommend eating these warm, before the chocolate has had chance to harden. There’s something incredibly satisfying about this blend of milk and dark chocolate when it’s still soft.
Fancy giving them a go? Find the recipe below:
Ingredients (makes 15):
- 75g salted butter (softened)
- 80g caster sugar
- 80g dark muscovado sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 medium egg
- 112g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- a pinch of salt
- 25g dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 75g milk chocolate chips or chunks
- Grease and line two baking trays. I didn’t realise until I’d started my bake but I’d run out of greaseproof paper, so I opted for thoroughly greased tin foil to line my baking trays. I didn’t have any problems with my cookies sticking, so this is a good alternative if you don’t have any greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 170C fan, gas mark 5.
- Cream your butter and sugar in a bowl, before beating in your egg and vanilla extract if you wish.
- Sieve in your flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the mixture and fold together with a wooden spoon. Once this has been thoroughly mixed together, add in your chocolate and mix until it is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Use a teaspoon to place small heaps of the mixture well apart on your baking trays. You want these to be well spaced apart; I put nine on my first tray and used my second tray for the other six.
- Bake in the oven for around 8 minutes.You’re aiming for the cookies to just be starting to brown on the edges, but still soft in the centre. They will firm up as they cool.
- When you take your cookies out of the oven, leave them on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool.
And there you have it! Enjoy!