Hey guys! I hope you’re all well. Today I’m sharing with you my DIY photo holders. These are super easy and a great project for the kids to get involved with. Plus they just look adorable, aren’t they so cute?! They’re a great method of displaying your favourite photos and really are as simple as they look; wrap a bit of wire around a painted pebble and you’re sorted!
If I’m honest, I actually had a really great time going down into my local woods to collect the pebbles for this project (I know, I know, that sounds super sad). But seriously! It was lovely to get out while the weather was dry, and you don’t feel quite so weird about the fact you’ve no dog with you when you have a reason for your walk.
If you fancy making your own, I’ve given a small step by step tutorial below. Enjoy!
You will need:
- Acrylic paint and paint brush
- Wash your pebbles thoroughly to ensure theres no mud or moss left on them. You need them to be clean in order for the paint to stick properly- and no one wants dirty pebbles in their house either.
- Paint a design on your pebbles with the paint. I like simple patterns and bright colours, but do whatever you fancy! Paint one side of the pebble and leave to dry before turning over and painting the other side. You will probably need two coats of paint for your background colour to make sure that it’s really opaque.
- Leave the paint to dry completely. When you have done so, wrap one end of your wire around the pebble. If you use a thin wire like I did you won’t be needing any fancy tools to do this, you should be able to move it using your fingers. I looped it around the pebble three times and then pushed the end under my loops to secure it.
- With the loose end that your have just pushed under the loops, leave about three inches of wire before wrapping it around the end of your paint brush a couple of times. This creates two small loops that your photo will slot between. Remove the paint brush and trim any excess wire.
- Squash the two loops together with your fingers so they are tightly wound, enough to hold your photograph in place when you slot it in between. Voila! There you have it. Your very own DIY photo holder!